The Nursery.

5 months later I think it's about time I post about Benson's adorable nursery.


Long before I even thought about getting pregnant I knew I wanted a nautical nursery someday, whether the baby was a boy or a girl so lets just say I've been hoarding nautical stuff for quite a while.  I was estatic when we found out we were pregnant! Putting together a nursery ended up taking a lot longer than I thought it would but it was well worth all the hard work because we easily spend the most time in that room making memories with Benson now.
 

I have to give the most credit to my handyman (Kevin) he slaved away painting the room, painting the steal of a deal crib that was BLACK & I made him paint WHITE (blame psycho pregnant lady?), hanging everything up & putting together all of the cute yet difficult furniture that I purchased.

 
I know this room will never look as prestine as it does right now so I'm letting my OCD take full reign in this room, it's my happy place for the time being.

I used so much local & handmade talent in his rooms & I feel like it adds so much more character to the overall nursery.  I had a silhouette created when he was about a month old so I could remember his cute tiny features, I lucked out finding this amazing whale at a local vintage market, the mobile was gifted to me & Benson absolutely loves it! He reaches up for it every time he gets changed.  His birth stat I printed from minted.com & his name sign was one of the first things I purchased for his room once we were set on his name! 

Paint: Glidden- Universal Grey // Book Shelf: Hayneedle.com // Crib: Thrifted // Changing Table: Thrifted // Mobile: The Little Tiny Shop // Glider: Amazon.com // Rug: Target // Light: Ikea // Baby rocking chair: Thrifted // Storage boxes: Target & Home Goods // Pillow: Custom from @hyrdrishop //Silhouette: Mint.Envy // Birth Stat Print: Minted.com // Whale: @thevintagepelican // Benson sign: @theduostudio


Introducing my assistant. He isn't quiet but he sure is scrumptious.


No comments