motherhood

I've only been on this journey of motherhood for a short 8 months but boy has it been an adventure!
I never realized how exhausted, happy, manic & sappy you can feel all at the same time.  I feel like in a lot of ways being a mom is exactly how I pictured it & then in a lot of ways my world has been totally rocked by even just one tiny human being.

Since becoming a mom I have so much more compassion for other moms because we are ALL in this together.  We are all a few days overdue for a shower & all living off of caffine & granola bars.  We all just deserve a donut where the calories don't count & a nice long shower without getting the shower curtain pulled down on you.

Being a stay at home mom has it's up & downs. Some days I drink a lot of caffine & clean the whole house & feel a million bucks & then other days we just crawl back in bed, watch some Ellen & start over because we can but the beautiful thing about being a stay at home mom is nobody knows & nobody cares! haha!

At the end of the day it all just comes down to you gave it your all & that's all that matters. The way my little baby looks at me when I got get him up from his nap makes every single hard moment worth it.  Motherhood so far has taught me a lot of patience & a lot about living in the moment & not letting the little things bring you down.

Being a mom sure isn't easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

We had some mommy & me pictures taken a couple weeks ago taken by the incredible Cecilia Harvard & i'm obsessed with every single picture.  She captured my feelings on motherhood perfectly.






Details Momma:
Dress -- JCPenney
Shoes: -- Target

Details Baby:
Shirt -- Carters
Pants -- Old Navy
Bow tie: -- Little Love Leighs
Shoes -- similar style


1 comment

  1. You guys are seriously the cutest mama and son duo. I had so much fun <3 So happy you love the photos.

    -
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete