38 weeks bumpdate


The baby is the size of a: PUMPKIN! 

Gender: BOY!

Name: Atticus Ezra Kuhle 💙

Bump: Extra large & filled to the capacity!
I've ended up gaining 35 lbs overall, which is amazing compared to the 50 I gained with Benson (who I also owe the lack of weight gain to!)

Symptoms: Everything hurts. hahaha but really.  Everything hurts.
I'm super swollen.  Not as swollen as last time, probably due the temperature drop (hallelujah!) but still i'm swollen & have no shoes to wear!
Heartburn is..the worst.  I've been throwing up every night.  On top of my pee run & random insomnia strikes.
No more sleep, so naps for everyone!

Sleep: Naps are my saving grace.  I've been frequently napping while B naps.  I automatically wake up at 6 am, for no reason everyday, which makes for some long exhausted days.

Cravings/Aversions to Eating: Eating everything in sight haha I'm never like really "full" & mini powdered donuts are my LIFE right now.  I've oddly enjoyed apples lately & coffee.. is how i'm staying alive.  Also breadsticks.  Give me ALL THE BREADSTICKS.

Looking forward to: The birth & bringing our sweet baby boy home!  I've gone back & forth on if I want a C-Section or a VBAC.  I was set on a C-Section until they said I couldn't have one..& then I toyed with a VBAC & going unmedicated this time around.. & now I have a C-Section scheduled & that is the plan unless my body decides otherwise! I feel pretty calm about the C-Section process this time around knowing that it will actually probably be safer for Atticus if anything happens to be wrong with him.  The unknown is uneasy for me but i'm trying to think positive thoughts & focus on bringing a healthy happy baby home with us.

Benson has come to terms that there is probably something in my belly, probably a cat in his mind but he has gone on some wild mood swings.  He has been ALL dad for weeks & then this last week of pregnancy has suddenly been wanting me to hold him more & snuggle more.  Great timing, there is no more room haha
Having a 2 year old at the end of pregnancy has been pretty rough on all of us at times, I've wanted to sell him more times than not (kidding, but time out is his new jam) but hopefully a new brother is a good enough distraction for awhile.

Moments
35 weeks: My only wish this pregnancy was to make it past Benson's birthday! & we did it! I took on WAY too much this week & was suuuper swollen by the end of all the festivities but Benson has his last big "hoorah" week as being an only child!  The rest of the pregnancy is project de-junk & clean our house!

36 weeks: We prepped big time this week for babies arrival! The Dr has said a few times to plan on his arrival being at 38 weeks, so the countdown is really on!  We got everyone in the house up to date on their shots, even the kitties.  Finished up the crib in our room & packed everything so we are ready to go when the time comes! 

37 weeks: This week has been serious overhaul on cleaning & finishing projects before baby comes!  I think everyone in our house is getting anxious for his arrival!  Benson has finally come to terms that there is probably indeed a baby in my belly as I can't hold on or snuggle with him anymore, there just isn't much room!  The kitties are both being weirdos & oddly clingy.  Everyone knows something is up but we know they'll all be in love when Atticus finally comes home! & mom is running out of energy/stamina to do much more!

38 weeks: We had our LAST measurement ultrasound & non stress test to track baby & he passed!  So he gets to make it until his c-section date! Hooray!  I thought this last week would be more sentimental, but this mama is suuuuuper swollen & tired so we've spent a lot of time in bed napping & barely surviving on bagels & donuts.

*bonus story: Kevin really wanted to see Bladerunner 2049, so I said well I guess if i'm still pregnant we could probably go see it.  Well the stars aligned & we got a sitter & went to go see it! I saw maybe ONE movie when I was pregnant with Benson & was so uncomfortable but I've seen a handful of movies this time & have been alright minus a few pee breaks.  The movie was SO loud & SO uncomfortable & about 30 minutes into the movie I was having some intense contractions.  I figured I just needed to pee so I ran to the bathroom.. & after some (TMI) excess fluid & pain I started to feel like.. shit, I might be in labor.  This movie is like 3 hours long & I spent most of the time in the bathroom dealing with what I thought was labor.  Made it through the movie, picked up Benson & headed home to clean & possibly head to the hospital.. only to have everything end as soon as we got home.  So moral of the story: don't see movies at the 38.5 weeks pregnant haha.  Even if Ryan Gosling is in the movie.


No comments