Atticus Birth Story part two

Kevin wheeled in Atticus for the first time & it was the most surreal feeling meeting him for the first time.  It's true what they say that your heart will make room for another baby to love.  I had tears in my eyes as they handed him to me & my body was flooded with emotions.  I wanted to examine every inch of him.  Just a few hours ago he was wiggling inside of me, for just a short 9 months.

As I unswaddled him I soaked up every detail of him:
My first thought was how tiny he was!  He feels so much smaller than Benson did.
He looks so fragile & angelic.  He was almost like a doll just laying so peacefully in my arms.
I can't believe that I have two babies now!
He has HAIR! Not like a lot, but the little bit he has is so cute & so soft! He has hair!!!
He has Kevin's nose.
He is so beautiful, I never want him to leave my side now.
I can't wait to see what Benson thinks of him.

Kevin placed him on my chest & I was in heaven (despite the whole nausea thing), I could just live in this moment forever.  A sweet fresh from heaven baby on my chest.  To relive that moment over & over I would have 100 babies.  It's the best feeling in the world holding your sweet baby in your arms for the first time.

We did skin to skin & nursed for the first time & just spent the afternoon the three of us.  The room was so full of love for this little baby.

Later that day Benson came to meet his baby brother.  I knew that it probably wouldn't be that special bonding moment that I had pictured in my head & I was right.. he walked in & looked at Atticus & then went about his business of destruction.  We bribed him with a cookie to come up on the bed & sit by me & Atticus.  After a few minutes of warming up to him he became fascinated with all of his tiny features poking every one of them & counting "one, two lips" "one, two eyes" "one, two, three, four five!" It was pretty tender seeing him interact with him.


No comments