tid bits: the first 2 weeks

Bringing baby home!
I left the hospital after my 3 day stay, my sister took Benson for the day so we took the babe to Target on the way home (guess it's tradition now!) & introduced him to the the kitty babes & got cozy in bed.

My recovery was going great until I woke up on day 5 with a rash all over my body & swollen everywhere to the max!  I called in & they told me to stop my meds & to make it thru the next day & come in.  After a rough day, I started having a hard time breathing & started feeling chest pains which led to a little late night ER visit.  X-ray, Blood Work, EKG, & CT Scan later.. I had fluid in my lungs!  They gave me some meds to flush it out & send us home at 2 am.

Our transition from one to two so far has been somewhat seamless.  The average toddler tantrums have occurred & the only thing that seems to be affected is Benson's sleep.. which is so tragic since we are so sleep deprived already but we're tag teaming it, one person per baby.
Other than that though, Benson has been mostly unaffected by the whole transition & warms up more & more to him every day.  He isn't super into holding him but he loves saying "tute bebe" & "peeaboo bebe" whenever his eyes are open.  Warms my heart to see him love on him!


Baby's first bath.
Hated it until he was all snuggled up in his towel.

One week old!
Sleeps all day & eats ALL night.
& a dream baby with the sweetest eyes!

First family outing!
The pumpkin patch 2 blocks from our house seemed like a safe enough place to go!

The two week mark also marked my first day with the two babies all by myself.  It went better than expected, but while I was nursing (two seperate times) Benson colored all over a wall & dumped out an entire bottle of baby oil.  We barely survived mostly because we took a big ol family nap & then Kevin brought home dinner! But.. we survived!


No comments